Friday, January 17, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 17 - Pickles - SOLD

"Pickles" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on canvas
Day 17 of the "30 paintings in 30 days" challenge.  

These are Mrs. Fanning's Bread and Butter pickles.  I don't recommend them.  I bought them when my supply of Bubbies pickles was running dangerously low and I didn't want to drive 20+ miles to a special market for a couple jars of pickles.  Turns out, they are not a good substitute.

I do love the look of Mrs Fanning's.  I like the orange/red lid that contrasts nicely with the green pickles.  I kept this painting loose.  My jar is a little wonky but I don't mind that at all.  I think it gives it a kind of funky/comical vibe.  

I'm offering special pricing for the "30 Paintings" challenge where all paintings are priced at $30 for the month of January.  I wanted to make it affordable for anyone to purchase an original piece of art.  The paintings are presented in a white mat that fits into any standard 8x10 frame.   


 

No comments: