Wednesday, January 15, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 15 - Clementine

"Clementine" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on paper
Day 15 of the "30 paintings in 30 days" challenge.  

Not only is today hump day but it is also the halfway mark of the challenge!

I'm very happy with today's painting.  I started with a piece of treated watercolor paper that I painted with a bright blue acrylic.  I let bits of blue show through here and there which makes a nice complement with the orange of the clementines.  I kept my brush strokes loose and painterly and didn't fuss over this one much at all.  

I'm offering special pricing for the "30 Paintings" challenge where all paintings are priced at $30 for the month of January.  I wanted to make it affordable for anyone to purchase an original piece of art.  The paintings are presented in a white mat that fits into any standard 8x10 frame.   


"Clementine" is a 5 x 7 inch oil on paper painting and comes in a white, 8 x 10 mat.  Click here to bid in the ebay auction.

3 comments:

Cris K said...

Love the way the blue adds electricity to the painting. I may try a variation of this on my painting today. And good on you for keeping it loose and painterly. I am a pastelist and can relate to how hard that can be.

Susan Garriques said...

I really like this one, Laurie! That blue was a great idea.

Renee Brennan said...

Agree with Cris and Susan...that blue, nice!!!