Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Pear Pear Pear II" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Pear Pear Pear II" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas

I did a similar pear painting not too long ago and decided to paint it again.This time, I went much bolder on the colors.  I never get tired of painting pears.  They have great personality and "body" language!

Someone recently asked me how I decide on my next painting subject.  My answer is that I like to mix things up.  So if I've done a landscape or two, I'll want to do a still life.  If I finish a painting that is very tight and exacting (like an architectural subject), then I like to follow up with something looser.  No matter what, I'm always inspired by strong lighting, shadows or reflections.

In other news, my final "Artists Helping Artists" radio show broadcasts at noon EST on Thursday July 25.  I've had a great time co-hosting the show this month and, as always, learned a lot.  You can listen to the show live (or after the fact as it is recorded) by clicking 
here.

1 comment:

J & B said...

A really lovely picture of the lab in the sea,
the water love the way you painted the water