Sunday, August 28, 2016

"Ocean Dip III" - 11 x 14 inches - oil on canvas

"Ocean Dip III" - 11 x 14 inches - oil on canvas, framed
I vacationed in Kennebunkport, Maine several years ago and watched a young woman toss a stick in the water for her yellow lab.   He swam back and forth in the rocky cove and never tired of the game.  I was glad I had my camera and snapped as many pictures as I could.  

I painted the dog first since I figured that if the dog didn't turn out to my liking, there was no point in continuing with the rest of the painting!  Once I was happy with the dog, I moved onto the rocky coast and lastly the water.  This is my third painting using this reference photo and I'm sure it won't be the last!

My "name the painting" contest is still open (until Sept 13).  Thank you to those who already sent in suggestions.  For those who don't know, I will give away one of my mini paintings to the person who comes up with the winning name for my painting of Camden Maine Harbor:  


Send your name suggestion to Laurie@LaurieGMiller.com.  You must be a subscriber to my mailing list (you can sign up by clicking here).

"Ocean Dip III" is an 11x14 inch oil on canvas painting presented in a wood floater frame (see additional photos below).  It is available at the Whiffle Tree Candle Co in Billerica, MA or directly from me at www.LaurieGMiller.com









No comments: