Monday, August 21, 2017

"Maine Coast" - 12 x 16 inches - oil on canvas

"Maine Coast" - 12 x 16 inches - oil on canvas
Last week I played hooky from work on the most glorious summer day and took a trip up to York, Maine to visit with friends who have rented the same cottage for the past 40 years.  Their cottage is only steps to the famous Nubble Lighthouse which was a pretty cool backdrop for the afternoon.  


We spent the day telling stories, eating, laughing and just soaking up the sun.  I didn't think about much of anything other than simply enjoying the moment.

I brought my paints along but never pulled them out.  Instead, I walked along the rocks and took several photographs of their amazing view.  When I returned home, I was definitely inspired to capture the experience in paint.  

In other news, last week my painting "Diversity" sold at the Artists Corner and Gallery in West Acton, MA.  Apparently, the woman who purchased it has a son who is autistic.  He only verbalizes a few words and donut is one of them.  So, when she saw the painting she knew she had to have it. 

That story was a good reminder that art enriches our lives in so many ways.  I sometimes think about the fact that my paintings are hung in various homes around the country and it is humbling to know that I can brighten someone's day with the images that I create.


No comments: