Monday, October 17, 2016

Road to Plum Island II + oil painting demo update

"Road to Plum Island II" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on paper
This was another "plein auto" effort from September up in Newburyport, MA.  I love this vista as you approach the entrance to the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge.

I dropped off this painting, along with several others, to Periwinkle Glassworks, in West Acton, MA.  Periwinkle offers classes on stained glass and they also have a nice selection of gifts including pottery, paintings, jewelry, knitted items and other handmade crafts.  

If you are interested in "Road to Plum Island II" but don't live locally, just let me know and I'll make arrangements to get it to you.  The painting is $50 and comes in a standard 8 x 10 mat.



Oil Painting Demo Update

Last Thursday, I gave an oil painting demo to a really nice crowd.  It was lovely to spend an evening with fellow art lovers.  I painted for about 90 minutes and the above photo shows the progress I made during the evening.  There were interesting questions and great discussion so I didn't quite finish.  Below is how the painting looked at the end of the evening.

"Flower for Judy" oil painting demo
The following day, I finished up the painting and below is a photo of the final result.  During the demo, I told the story behind the flowers.  I was supposed to get together with my college friend, Judy, to celebrate her birthday.  I purchased these flowers along with some chocolates to give to her.  Our plans got canceled so she got a painting of the flowers instead and I enjoyed the chocolates.
"Flowers for Judy" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas

No comments: