Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Heartstrings" - 7 x 7 inches - sea glass collage - SOLD

"Heatstrings" - 7 x 7 inches -  sea glass collage
After my painting marathon in January, I decided to put my paints away for a bit and create another sea glass collage.  The basic principles of putting together a collage is not very different from creating a painting.  I spend a long time working on the arrangement and trying to achieve a nice balance of color and form.  Once again, I added some wire to give an extra punch to my creation.

I decided to call this piece "Heartstrings" because of the small heart-shaped piece of glass in the upper left corner.  

Art on Main is having our monthly "Wine and Nibbles" open house tonight (Thursday, February 6) from 5 - 8 p.m.  If you live in the Westford, MA area, stop by to say hello!


 

No comments: