Friday, September 27, 2013

"Too Foggy" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on paper - SOLD

"Too Foggy" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on paper
I sat in my car at the marina in Newburyport just as it started to rain.  Really rain.  I had to keep turning on the windshield wipers to see what I was painting.  

This little boat which was moored nearby made a nice painting subject.  The water was glassy smooth but visibility was poor so I simply faded out the background to create the foggy effect.  I spent a long time trying to get the shape of the boat right.  Boats are hard - especially when they move around!

In case you haven't noticed, I've been painting a lot this month.  I've been participating in another 30 day painting challenge.  There are 300+ artists around the internet who took up this challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.  Frankly, I didn't make a big announcement since I didn't want to commit to something that I might not finish.  I did the challenge in January and got pretty burned out by the end of the month.  I definitely favor quality over quantity but have been so inspired by my time in Newburyport that is has been easy to paint every day.  So, by the end of September, I will complete about 25 paintings and that is good enough for me :)



No comments: