Monday, August 19, 2013

"40 Main with Blue Subaru" commission

"40 Main with Blue Subaru" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas
We've all heard the saying which goes something like "If you give something away as an act of kindness, you will be repaid many times over."  The first time I painted this scene, I gave the painting to Marie who is the proprietor of this retail shop.  I gave it to Marie as a thank you since she has been kind to me over the years and I really thought she'd appreciate it. 

Marie kindly hung the painting in her shop (which I didn't expect), and since that time, several people have noticed it and have commissioned me to recreate the painting.  With this latest request, the client asked me to add her car in the scene instead of Marie's car.

I normally don't like recreating a painting, but in this case, it is such a charming building that I enjoyed the challenge of painting it once again.

No comments: