Sunday, October 18, 2009

View from the Ferry - 12 x 12 inches- Oil on canvas - SOLD

Well, my life has been a whirlwind this month. My Opening Reception for “Reflections on Fifty” was all that I dreamed of and more. I had 150+ guests come through and enjoy a really nice evening of live music, gourmet food and a lively and friendly atmosphere. My friends and family pitched in and it was a smashing success…thank you to all those that helped!  Of the 50 paintings, only 7 are still available. Wow. I never imagined the response to my artwork would be so overwhelmingly positive.

Well, on to new work. The above painting is based on a photo I took from the Boston Harbor Islands ferry. I had a pretty clear vision of how I wanted it to turn out. The sky was incredibly dramatic as storms passed through. The clouds were a strong mix of deep grays and purples. The foreground water was a blue-green, almost teal color. I kept the buildings simple and wanted this to be a fairly abstract painting.

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!

Congratulations!! Well deserved!