Monday, January 9, 2017

"Jelly Jar" and other news....

"Jelly Jar' - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas

My son is home from college and he finished the last of the strawberry jam.  The jar was sitting on the table and I just loved how the light illuminated the little bits of jam that were still stuck to the inside of the jar.  This was tricky to paint but I worked slowly and deliberately and just tried to make sure my values were correct.   Purchase info is below.

In other news…

I have a handful of 2017 Desk Calendars still available.  They’re on sale for $10 at either Muffins on Main, or, via www.LaurieGMiller.com.  Get 'em while you can!

I’m really honored and thrilled to report that “Button Down” was accepted into the Concord Art Member’s Juried Show.   The opening reception is Thursday, Jan 12 from 6 – 8 p.m. and the show runs through February 12.  It is always a really nice show at a beautiful venue in a quaint town so for those who live locally, I highly recommend stopping by.



“Jelly Jar” is an 8 inch square painting presented in a wood floater frame.  It is available at Muffins on Main, or, via www.LaurieGMiller.com





No comments: