Friday, October 18, 2013

Painting Demo - Success!

I want to thank everyone who came to my painting demo last night at the Parish Center for the Arts.  We had about 20 people in attendance and there were lots of questions with some lively discussions.  I didn't finish the painting as I was working slowly and trying to explain my process as I went along.  

I started with a canvas painted with a light purple background.  I got a good start on the apple, vase and tablecloth.  I didn't work on the 2nd apple and couldn't decide on the background color so left it untouched.  

The apple and vase are nearly finished and I just need a few strong highlights on the ceramic vase.  I'm not happy with the tablecloth so will spend more time working on the wrinkles and may also change the color a bit.  That just leaves the 2nd apple and the background to finish the painting.  A few photos follow of the painting in process, a photo of my still life set up, and me in action last night!



My still life set up looked like:



And here is me in action:

1 comment:

Jacklyn Karabaich said...

Giving a Demo, talking and painting at the same time, answering questions, staying focused, Wow!
You can do it ALL, and very well!