Sunday, February 24, 2013

Video of 2012 Paintings

Ok, so I got my act together to create a video of select paintings from 2012.  I'm doing much better than last year considering that my 2011 paintings video was created in August of 2012.  Click the image below to enjoy a 2 minute video:


In other news, I've been working on a painting that is in a larger format than I usually tackle.  It is 20 x 20 inches.  Here are some photos of my progress so far.  I hoping to finish it in the next couple of days.
I put a pencil grid on my canvas.  Using red paint, I start to sketch out the design using my photo as a reference.

I continue working block by block.  I like to use red paint as I sometimes let glimpses of it show through in the final painting.  I can always cover it if I want.

The line drawing is nearly complete.

I used acrylic paint to block out the basic color scheme.  Most of the acrylic paint will be covered by oil paint in the end product.

Working primarily from dark to light, I start putting in the large blocks of color for each building.


No comments: