Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Sweet Sixteen" - 16 x 16 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Sweet Sixteen" - 16 x 16 inches - oil on canvas
Apples have been on my mind lately and are my "go to" fruit for the fall.  My son and I traditionally go apple picking in early October and have always had a great time climbing the trees, filling our basket and sampling different apples.  He's off at college now so I never made it to the orchard this year.

I had a strong vision for this painting and, for whatever reason, I really wanted to paint 16 apples in a very geometric, symmetrical pattern.  Each apple is slightly different - a couple are upside down, one still has the supermarket bar code, one has leaves, etc.  Some apples I painted in just a few strokes - quick and easy.  Others, I labored over, scraped off the paint, and started over again and again.  Who knows why...some days the paint flows and others not.


As a reminder, my 2013 desk calendar is now available.  For more info,
click here.

And, if you're starting to think about the holidays, a house or pet portrait makes a really nice gift so now is the time to start planning.  For more information on ordering a custom painting,
click here.

Finally,
Art on Main is celebrating its 3rd anniversary on Thursday Nov. 1 from 5 - 8 p.m.  Drop by to say hello if you live in the area!


No comments: