Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Party Favor" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD


I went to a "surprise" birthday party for a dear friend.  It would have been a surprise except we told her that she needed to supply the pool and an appetizer and that the rest of the group would bring everything else.  (Nothing like inviting yourself to a friend's house for a swim on a Sunday afternoon).  Like a good hostess, not only did she supply the appetizer and the pool, but she even made sweet little flower arrangements for everyone to take home as a party favor. 

I struggled with the composition on this one.  I decided to cut off the vase and simply focus on the flowers.  I like how the chair adds an element of interest in the background.  I'm always struck by how many decisions an artist must make when creating a piece of artwork...composition, color choices, canvas size and on and on and on. 

No comments: