Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Maggie" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Maggie" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas
This is Maggie, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  This pet portrait was presented to the owner as a birthday gift from a friend who commissioned me to paint it.  I'm happy to report that she was thrilled with the painting.

I started the painting with a bright orange background.  I picked orange mainly because Maggie's coat has red/orange overtones and I wanted to punch up the color a bit.  I also picked a grey-blue for the background color since blue is the complement to orange and makes the colors glow a bit more.

I love to paint animals and am happy to capture your furry loved ones on a canvas as a permanent keepsake.  Click here to learn more.

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

Just wonderful... Smart client and lucky receiver!!