Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"Forge Pond Shadows - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Forge Pond Shadows" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas
This is the painting that I completed during my book talk/painting demonstration at the Westford Museum last week. I thought the demo went very well and we had a lively discussion with a group of about 15 people. It is, however, very hard to talk and paint at the same time...very hard! I was able to finish the painting in the back of the room during the 2nd presentation. I donated this painting to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell for their annual fundraiser.

As you can probably tell, I started the painting with a bright orange background. I like the color combination of the yellow-green grass and the bits of orange. The shadows across the parking lot are what initially attracted me to this scene along with the slice of light gray-blue water that separates the distant trees from the foreground trees.

In other news, Art on Main is having our monthly "Wines and Nibbles" on Thursday March 8 from 5 to 8 p.m. with guest artist Rory Gallagher. We got snowed out last week so hopefully mother nature will cooperate this week with milder weather. Everyone is welcome so join us if you can!


No comments: