Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Abbie" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Abbie" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas
To get the reference photo for this painting, I told the dog’s owner (who is my friend Natalie), that I got a commission for a very similar looking dog named “Bonnie” who lives in Florida.  I called to ask if I could come over and take some pictures of her dog since I needed better photos.   Natalie happily complied not knowing that I was actually going to paint her beloved dachshund Abbie.

I had the pleasure of surprising Nat with the finished painting since the person who requested it (her former neighbor Ruthie) now lives in New Zealand. So, off I went to show Natalie the finished painting of “Bonnie.” Well, she was incredibly touched and started to cry which, for Natalie, isn’t all that unusual. You can see her (happy?) face above. In any case, I was honored to paint Abbie for my friend.

No comments: