Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Pepper on Plaid II" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

When trying to improve your art skills, it is really a great idea to do a series of paintings on one subject. In repeating the same subject over and over, you can learn the intricacies and subtle nuances and really, really get to know it well. I don’t know if it is ADD or what but I get bored quickly with the same subject and rarely paint two consecutive painting of the same thing. In this case, I almost painted two pepper paintings back to back.

As a reminder, my “Ocean Dip” painting is up for auction on eBay and I will donate 100% of the purchase price to AmeriCares to support the relief efforts in Japan. The auction ends on Thursday, March 24. Click here to learn more and/or to bid.

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

Good advice... The peppers are all wonderful!!