Friday, October 22, 2010

"House Portrait" - 16 x 16 inches - oil on canvas - sold


I finished this commission several weeks ago but had to wait for the birthday boy (also known as ‘Pool Boy’) to get it. The best thing about this house is the beautifully landscaped backyard with an in-ground pool. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend a few toasty summer afternoons floating around in it. Pool Boy works hard to keep it crystal clear.

Before I started painting, I took a pile of reference photos of the house at different angles and different lighting conditions. I narrowed the choices down to three and let the owner decide. As with many of my paintings, I started with a wash of pink underneath and let a bit of it peek through here and there. Apparently, Pool Boy was very happy with his birthday gift.

No comments: