Friday, September 18, 2009

Wentworth - 6 x 6 inches - Oil on canvas - SOLD

Last weekend I reunited with a group of college friends to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We stayed at Wentworth by the Sea - a beautiful hotel/resort in New Castle, NH. On Saturday morning, I walked through the marina to the end of the docks and set up my easel to paint. It was very overcast. About half way through my painting, it started to rain. A gentleman offered me his umbrella which I gratefully accepted as it was really starting to rain -- hard. (You can see a drip on the right side of the canvas as evidence!). I continued to paint with one hand holding his umbrella and the other with my paintbrush. After about a half hour, when sneakers were getting soaked, I decided it was time to pack up to get warm and dry.

2 comments:

Becky Drees said...

Wow, Laurie! That's dedication! And it was worth it, nice painting!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mill,
I love the inviting beachy portion in lower left foreground. -me again