Monday, March 2, 2009

Timberland II - Oil on canvas - 12 x 12 inches



I have a friend to thank for inspiring me to do this painting. We recently celebrated her 50th birthday and she commented on a painting I did many years ago of my first pair of Timberland boots. She talked about how much she liked that painting.

Prior to this conversation, I had been thinking about painting these boots but couldn't get too excited about a dull, primarily brown subject. I knew I had to add splashes of color to make the boots more interesting. The photo probably doesn't show it very well but there are a variety of yellows, reds, blues and greens in these brown boots. I'm very happy with the end result...thanks, Taylor, for giving me the push I needed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the boots. Can't wait to see all your paintings together!