Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"Summer" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas

"Summer" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas
The two small slices of light shining through the holes at the top of the blue crate are what caught my eye.  I was immediately drawn to them as these nectarines sat on my counter.  I tried to keep this loose and painterly and am pretty happy with the end result.  (I've often said that paintings go through a "middle schooler stage" where they are awkward, pimply and a bit ugly until they are transformed into a more attractive high schooler.  This painting definitely went through that awkward stage so I was a bit worried for a while but persevered!)

I've made a few additional sea glass suncatchers and posted one on ebay.  It is an interesting one using old brown bottle tops and a rare red glass bead.  You can view the listing here.


No comments: