Tuesday, November 15, 2016

"Gratitude" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Gratitude" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD
With Thanksgiving next week, I’ve spent some time reflecting on things in my life that I really appreciate.  Today’s painting is of the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford, MA.  I’ve painted this building many times, but, this time, as I was painting, I was thinking about how central this building has become in my life.  

I started volunteering here over 16 years ago and have met some incredible people – artists, musicians, dancers and many others who support and appreciate the arts.  Many have become close friends.  Thanksgiving is a time to stop and reflect so “Gratitude” seemed like a fitting name for this piece.

On the subject of Thanksgiving, I want to give thanks to all the people who take the time to read my words, reflect on my art, comment to let me know when something touches their heart, and, of course, those who purchase my art to hang in their home.  I am grateful to all of you.

"Gratitude" is a 12 inch square oil on canvas painting presented in a wood floater frame (see additional photos below).  




No comments: