Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Blue Vase with Bird" and other news - SOLD

"Blue Vase with Bird" - 10 x 10 inches - oil on canvas
Ok, so I haven't posted in a while.  I'll blame the Red Sox for keeping me up late night after night for the past few weeks.  Go Sox!

About "Blue Vase with Bird": For those who attended my painting demo a few weeks ago, I finally finished it.  Basically, I had to finish the 2nd apple and the background but I also worked on other areas such as the bird and the cloth.  We had a group discussion on the color of the background.  I was undecided as to whether to go with a light or dark background.  A dark background just seemed too heavy so I kept it light and bright.  Purchase info for this painting is below.

2014 Desk Calendars: Don't forget to order (or pick up) one of my 2014 desk calendars - they make a great holiday gift.  I only make a limited number and once they're gone, they're gone!  They are
available at Art on Main, or, click here to order by mail.  

Monthly Give Away: I finally picked (and notified) my winners for my September and October give-away (sorry, I was a bit behind on this!)  Check your inbox for an email from me.  For more info and to be eligible for my give-away, click here.

Upcoming Event: And finally, Art on Main is hosting our monthly Wine & Nibbles event on Thursday, Nov. 7 from 5 - 8 p.m.  Our guest artist is Sue Marion and Concord Teacakes will be supplying the nibbles...yum!  B there or B square!

 

No comments: