Sunday, November 6, 2011

"October Snow" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"October Snow" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas

Last weekend, during an October snowstorm, I lost my power on Saturday evening. On Sunday, in an effort to get warm (and pass the time), I headed off in my car to paint plein air and spent a really lovely afternoon painting at Forge Pond. It was breezy outside so I painted in the passenger seat while the sun kept the car toasty warm.

I was fortunate to get my power back on Monday evening but most folks in Westford were in the dark for several more days. Spending a few days without electricity is really a jolt to the system. I am fortunate to have good friends that offered up hot meals and a warm place to sleep. For the most part, I enjoyed my break from my computer (and all things electric) and was happy to pass the time with people that I love spending time with.

No comments: