Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Flag Day" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Flag Day" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas
My parents were avid sailors and I spent many weekends of my childhood sailing with my family on Lake Ontario. When simply going out for a "Sunday sail" got too boring for my father, he started racing and our family soon became known as "Ken Miller and His All-Girl Crew." A passionate man, Dad learned all he could about racing and eventually had great success winning many races over the years.

When sailing became too rigorous for my folks, they eventually gave up sailing and gave their boat to my sister Julie who docks it at the Sodus Bay Yacht Club just outside of Rochester, New York. This past summer, I saw Dad's boat for the first time in many years. It was bittersweet to see something that he loved so much when he is no longer with us.

No comments: