Monday, September 19, 2016

Joyful Noise - 8 x 8 inches - sea glass collage

Joyful Noise - 8 x 8 inches - sea glass collage
I created this collage a while back and never posted it so today is the day!  I’ve been an avid sea glass collector since taking a trip to France just over 10 years ago.  I wandered on a Mediterranean beach for several hours and kept finding beautiful tumbled pieces of glass.  When I returned home, I turned my handful of glass into a collage that has become one of my favorite mementos from that trip.

Since that time, I’ve managed to find more sea glass closer to home.  “Joyful Noise” was created using sea glass that I collected from beaches in New England.  I have not altered the glass in any way – the pieces are exactly as I found them - tumbled smooth by the ocean over many years. This collage is one of a kind and can never be duplicated.  Each piece of glass has a unique shape, size and color.  This collage contains 38 pieces of sea glass.

“Joyful Noise” is 8 x 8 inches framed and is available at Artists Corner & Gallery in West Acton, MA.  You can also purchase it directly from me by clicking here.  Additional photos are below.

In other news, I’m giving a painting demonstration on Thursday October 13 starting at 7 p.m. at the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford, MA.  I hope you’ll be able to join me for a fun evening!  




No comments: