Sunday, August 14, 2016

Red Pear - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Red Pear" - 6 x 6 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD


I actually painted this pear back in April and realized that I never posted it.  I've always loved painting pears as they seem human-like with their lovely curves.  I started this painting with a bright green background to add some luminosity to the reddish pear.  

In other news, I'm doing a "Doodle a Day" challenge with a group of friends.  This started when a friend mentioned to me that she wanted to get back into the swing of painting and doing something creative on a regular basis.  I said that she should keep it low key to start, no pressure, and just do a quick pencil sketch or doodle.  She loved the idea and thought it would be fun to open it up to "The 6-Pack" which is what my friends call our little group.  So, the "6-Pack" has taken on the challenge for the month of August.  I'll post some of my doodles in September when the challenge ends.   






No comments: