Monday, December 16, 2013

Brady Way - 24 x 30 inches - oil on canvas

I finally completed the large house portrait that I've been working on since mid-November.  It was very slow going, especially in the beginning.  I spent a long time on the drawing to make sure all the architectural details were as accurate as possible.  It didn't help that I got side-tracked with Thanksgiving and other holiday celebrations but I persevered and kept chipping away at it.

This past Saturday, I delivered the painting and am very happy to report that the family was thrilled and delighted with the final result.  They plan to hang it in their foyer and found a perfect spot.  The painting looks really nice against their walls which are a soft yellow color.  Below is the final painting.  For those who missed it, you can view the portrait in progress by clicking here.

"Brady Way" - 24 x 30 inches - oil on canvas

2014 Desk Calendars: Don't forget to order (or pick up) one of my 2014 desk calendars - they make a great holiday gift.  I only make a limited number and once they're gone, they're gone!  They are available at Art on Main, or, click here to order by mail.
2014 Desk Calendar

No comments: