Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Great Egrets" + Oil Painting Demo and other news

"Great Egrets" - 5 x 7 inches - oil on paper - SOLD
I still have a few more of my Newburyport, MA paintings to post but have been crazy busy for the past week.  I've been hosting 2 oil painting workshops taught by a wonderful artist from Kentucky, Dreama Tolle Perry.  I had invited Dreama to Westford two years ago and couldn't wait for her to return.  It's been an inspirational ride for me and 32 other lucky participants!

For those who live in the Westord, MA area, I'll be giving an oil painting demonstration on Thursday October 17 from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at the Parish Center for the Arts (PCA).  The demo is free but if you make a $10 donation, then you are eligible to win one of my original paintings at the end of the evening.  All proceeds benefit the PCA.  I hope to see you there!

Regarding this painting, I sat in my car and painted the marshes.  A couple Great Egrets were fishing at the far end.  I just made a subtle suggestion of the birds on the edge of the marsh using a spot of white paint.  The gentleman who purchased this painting is shipping it off to New Zealand as a wedding gift for this brother so I never know where my paintings will end up!  

No comments: