Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Molly" and other news...


"Molly" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD
I always feel a great sense of responsibility when working on a commission - especially when trying to capture someone's beloved pet.  Molly was quite a challenge since she was under the weather when I took my reference photos.  Her ears were a bit curled (from her medication) so I straightened them to make them look rounded and healthy.  Also, I opened her eyes a bit more to show their beautiful blue/green color.  

I was tempted to paint a dark background to add more contrast but kept it beige which is the color of the carpet she was lying on.  I also let the pink under-painting shine through as I wanted to give the portrait a soft, feminine look.  She is a beautiful cat with unusual markings so I really enjoyed painting her.  Hopefully Molly's health will improve but in the meantime, I'm very happy to report that her owner was very happy with the painting.

For information on pet portraits, click here.

In other news...

I've been selling paintings on eBay in an auction format so it is a great opportunity to pick up a painting at a bargain price.  You can go to www.ebay.com and simply search for "Laurie G. Miller" or just click here to bring up the list of paintings.  (If you live locally and pick up the painting at Art on Main, I will refund the shipping costs).

I'll be doing my 3rd radio broadcast this month on Thursday July 18 starting at noon EST.  The program is called "Artists Helping Artists."  Each show focuses on a different topic and are mostly ideas and tips for artists to help boost their careers.  You can listen live (or after the fact since all the shows are recorded).  To listen, click here.

No comments: