Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Bettyann's Barn" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Bettyann's Barn" - 8 x 8 inches - oil on canvas
I was inspired to paint this barn because of the long and complicated shadow created by the forsythia wreath. This is one of those paintings that just flowed right from the start...I really didn't have to fuss too much over any one thing. I paid careful attention to my values noting that the barn interior was the darkest value, the wreath, shadows and pavement were medium values and the barn itself was the lightest value. I really like the abstract quality created by the large, bold shapes and simple color scheme. This painting is hanging at the Art on Main gallery through the middle of May if you want to stop by and view it in person.

Speaking of Art on Main, be sure to stop by on Thursday, May 3 from 5 - 8 p.m. for our monthly "Wine and Nibbles" open house. Our May guest artist is Italian artist Esilda Evans Corbin.

No comments: