Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Pond Shadows" - 10 x 10 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Pond Shadows" - 10 x 10 inches - oil on canvas

I created this painting as a donation for the Chelmsford Center for the Arts upcoming "10 x 10 Silent Auction Benefit".  The event is 100 days before the grand opening of the completely restored Chelmsford Center for the Arts in Chelmsford, MA.  All works of art start at $50 and everyone has 100 minutes to bid.  The event is on Saturday, March 24 from 7 - 10 p.m. - click here to read more if you are interested.  Sounds like a fun evening and there should be some really nice artwork.

You can probably tell that I started this painting with an orange background.  I didn't fuss much and just tried to let the paint flow.  I was especially happy with the rocks as I was able to suggest them with just a couple of brush strokes.

This painting is my warm up for the demo I'm giving on Thursday Feb 23 7 p.m. at the Westford Museum.  So, if you attend, you'll see me create something very, very, very similar...hint, hint.  :)

No comments: