Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Parkerville Schoolhouse" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas - SOLD

"Parkerville Schoolhouse" - 12 x 12 inches - oil on canvas
This one room schoolhouse was built in 1880 and is located in the Parkerville section of Westford.  Every year the 3rd grade classes make a special field trip to the schoolhouse to  learn what life was like before modern conveniences like plumbing and electricity.  The kids dress in period clothing with the girls in long dresses and bonnets and the boys in caps and suspenders. 

This painting is the last in a series of Westford landmarks that I've been working on.  I'm now in the process of assembling all these images into a book.  I wanted to include some interesting historical facts so I'm learning quite a bit along the way as I pull this together.  I'll have more info on this project, hopefully very soon.

No comments: