Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Monday Night Meeting - 12 x 12 inches - Oil on canvas - SOLD

I've been itching to paint a night scene for some time now. I tried to capture the glow of the lights as they illuminate the front entrance. I chose mainly warm colors – yellows and oranges – probably since the weather is still relatively warm and the fall decorations were in place. You can contrast this with another night scene I painted several years ago (mainly cool colors - blues and purples - using watercolors). The title, "Monday Night Meeting", stems from our weekly meetings at the "Art on Main" gallery.

2 comments:

Lisa Daria said...

So great - I wish I lived closer - the Holiday Open House sounds like THE place to shop for the season! I'm going to go spread the word -

Laurie G. Miller said...

Thanks Lisa!