Sunday, January 4, 2009

Let's Huddle - 12 x 12 inches - Oil on canvas



I'm not great at arranging items into a composition. I prefer to stumble across a group of objects that catch my attention and then maybe manipulate them, just a bit, to enhance what was already there.

I spotted these pears (yes, they are fat, round pears, not apples) on my counter and thought they'd make a nice painting. I added a dish towel underneath for some added interest and color. I purposely included the bottom of the fallen pear...that dark dot at the base of the core...I'm not sure what this is called!?!?!? In any case, it seemed important to include that dark spot to help balance out the composition.

1 comment:

katie said...

I love these paintings! All of them! You are so talented. I don't know the name of that spot either, but it's where the blossom was.